Girls Guide To End Bullying
The Guide is organized around five types of bullying:
The information for each type of bullying is organized into five sections:
You can't stop bullying if you don't know what it looks like.
After the Bullying
The consequences of bullying to motivate girls to act to stop bullying.
If You See Bullying Happening
Specific actions to do and not do when you see bullying happen.
If Bullying is Happening to You
Specific actions to do and not do when bullying is happening to you.
Bring It Together
Highlights and things to think about.
You can access each of the sections for each type of bullying by using the drop-down menus at the top of each page.
The website can be used as a comprehensive guide that will teach you how to address many forms of bullying or can be used as a resource to learn about specific aspects of bullying.
Resources for parents and teachers
We have created a Teacher Manual (PDF) to help you implement The Girls Guide to End Bullying web-based intervention.
The Teacher Manual also provide strategies for teachers to:
- Address bullying when they see it.
- Talk to the bully, victim and bystander.
- Encourage bystanders to end bullying.
- End bullying in the classroom and school.
The Girls Guide also provides Lesson Plans designed to help teachers lead their students through the site. There are five Lesson Plans, one for each type of bullying. The Lesson Plans for each type of bullying can be found on the right hand side of each "Recognize Bullying" section under "Lesson Plans".
We have created a Parent Manual (PDF) to help you use The Girls Guide to End Bullying website.
The Parent Manual also provide strategies for parents to:
- Control their own emotions.
- Talk to their daughter about being bullied.
- Talk to their daughter's school about bullying.
- Help their daughter if she is a bully.
- Talk to their daughter about being a bystander.
To easily navigate the website as a comprehensive guide:
- Let's start the guide in How to Recognize Physical Bullying or if you are on another page, start on the Physical Recognize Bullying page
- When you finish with each page, go to the bottom of the page, click on "Let's take a look at what happens next" to navigate to the next step of the program.
To navigate the site as a resource for specific aspects of bullying:
- Click on the drop-down menu for the specific type of bullying at the top each page
- Then click on the specific section for the type of bullying you want to learn about.
Browser and other requirements:
- Browser types and versions - Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Explorer. Click on any of the browsers to download the most current version. This will assure that all videos will play as designed.
- Adobe Acrobat plugin - your browser will need the Adobe Acrobat plugin to view all associated PDFs. Click on the Adobe Acrobat plugin to install the appropriate version into your browser. Follow the adobe instructions.
- Microsoft Word - you will need Microsoft Word or a browser that can view Word documents to view all associated DOC files.
- Adobe Flash plugin - if you are using an older Windows Explorer browser you will need the Adobe Flash plugin. You do not need the flash plugin if you are using any other browser. All other browsers use H264 and WebM video formats. Our site uses one of these formats or flash video as a fall back.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 513 803 9151
This project was made possible by the support from Procter & Gamble's P&G Fund, Secret Mean Stinks and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.